Angela M. Buchanan attended Baylor University. While there, she presided over Baylor’s Model United Nations program, and she brought numerous victories from Ivy League speaking competitions across the country. In 2006, Ms. Buchanan graduated from Baylor University’s honors’ college with a Bachelor of Arts degree. She earned her J.D. from Baylor University Law School, where she served as an Articles’ Editor on the Baylor Law Review. Ms. Buchanan graduated in the top 15% of her law school class, and she was the winner of the Law School’s intra-school trial competition. Ms. Buchanan received numerous recognitions from Baylor University School of Law, including the Graduating Senior Award and the William J. Boswell Memorial Award for Torts. Before joining The Rodriguez Law Firm, Ms. Buchanan practiced commercial litigation in Dallas and was awarded the Sedgwick Client Service Award in 2013.
Ms. Buchanan volunteers her time to pro bono matters and to Dallas child enrichment programs.
- Baylor University Law School, J.D., 2009
- Baylor University, B.A., Honors College, 2006
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2010 Leadership Class)
- Member, Baylor Lawyers’ Alumni Association (Steering Committee)
- Participant, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Participant, Dallas World Affairs Council
- Admitted to practice before all Texas federal and state courts.
- The Future of Gene Patents – Dallas Bar Headnotes, February 2011.
- Intervention in Appeals – The Virtual Representation Doctrine – The Dicta, July 2011.
- The Evidentiary Impact of Haygood v. Escobedo, The Dicta, July 2012.
- Economic Loss Doctrine and Negligent Misrepresentation Claims, Sedgwick’s Product Liability Advisory, November 2013
- Managing Risk in the Hospitality Industry, Resort Hotel Association Newsletter, January 2014
- “E” Releases – Are They Enforceable? Resort Hotel Association Newsletter, March 2014
- Indemnification Agreements: An Effective Technique for Transferring Risk in Texas, The Dicta, May 2014